T09 English for Science Documentaries

Our English for science documentaries are now available via YouTube. Congratulations on your efforts. The videos are embedded in this post – please take a look and leave some comments for your classmates. Remember to keep your comments positive and constructive!

Group 1: Anson, Samantha, Dicky, William

Group 2: Coby, Chloe, John, Wincie

Group 3: Lok To, Keri, Catherine, Tom

Group 4:  Richard, Nicole, Emily Ryan

5 thoughts on “T09 English for Science Documentaries

1. I think group 4 use Lego to be the beginning is very impressive and easy to draw people attraction.

2. I very like group 1 using the game to make a experiment to show the ability of multitasking.

3. For group 2, the interview part is a little bit lengthy. This part should be shortened and summarized. Only those significant interviews video clips should be shown so as to reduce the boredom of audience. Thus, showing the result should not be hand writing although it is quite interesting. This may cause the audience difficult to follow. The result cannot be reinforced in audience’s mind.
    For group 3, the graphic of showing survey result is interesting and vivid. However, it would be better if subtitle can be added. It is much easier for audience to follow the content.
    For group 4, the opening of video is very interesting that can arouse audience’s attention successfully. Thus, it can bring out the main idea of the topic of video- multitasking. However, the introduction of carrying tests(playing multi-tasking) can be shortened because it is not the main part of taking videos. The main part is showing the result and analysis.

4. Group 1: Anson, Samantha, Dicky, William
    I appreciate the animation effect which clearly divide each part of your video. And the fluent narration keeps me to follow the flow without confusion. Also, it gives coherence that to stand at the same level for both male and female at the end of the video. Bring out the conclusion of the documentary in a interesting way.

5. For group 1, I think that the whole video is quite good. The video editing skill is professional. Also, the explanation of topic is clear. Audience are easy to understand.
    For group 4, I think that the opening is very good since it can draw audience attention. However, the interview part is a little bit long. I think that this part should be shortened.